My main affiliation is with the English Department at the University of Fribourg, where I am Senior Lecturer in English Linguistics. In addition, I also teach as a lecturer at the Institute of English Studies (University of Neuchâtel).
Prior to that, I held postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Fribourg and at the University of Neuchâtel (2013-2016), as well as a fixed-term assistant-professorship in French Linguistics at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam (2010-2012). I spent my earlier academic days as a PhD student at the University of Neuchâtel (2005-2010), where I defended my PhD dissertation in December 2010.
I am vice-chair of APPLY, COST Action 17132 (European Network for Argumentation and Public Policy Analysis), founding member of the steering board of ECA (European Conference on Argumentation), and founding member of the CoRReA (Collectif Romand de Recherches sur l’Argumentation). Find out more about my research here.
- 2016-present: Senior Lecturer (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche), English Dept., University of Fribourg.
- 2013-present: Lecturer, Institute of Language and Communication Science, University of Neuchâtel.
- 2018-2018: Lecturer, Institute of French Language and Literature, University of Bern.
- 2015-2016: Lecturer, Institute of English Studies, University of Neuchâtel.
- 2013-2016: Postdoctoral Fellow, English Dept., University of Fribourg.
- 2012-2013: Postdoctoral Fellow, Cognitive Science Centre, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- 2010-2012: Assistant Professor, dept. of Language and Communication, VU University, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 2005-2010: Teaching assistant & PhD student, Institute of Language and Communication Science, Université de Neuchâtel.
- 2005-2010: PhD Thesis, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- 2008-2009: Visiting PhD studenship, Linguistics and English Language, Lancaster University, UK. Swiss National Science Foundation Fellowship for prospective researchers (project n°119687).
- 1998-2004: Licence in Linguistics, Spanish language & literature, and Philosophy, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1998: Certificate of Proficiency in English, London, UK.
- 1997: Freshman, Lincoln University College, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1990-1996: Highschool, French Baccalauréat in Science, Lycée Franco-Argentin Jean Mermoz, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Primary school:
- 1987-1990: Primary school, Ecole Française de Bâle, Basel, Switzerland.
- 1985-1987: Primary school, Lycée Franco-Mexicain, Mexico City, Mexico.
- 1983-1985: Primary school, Colegio Helvetia, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2010a: CUSO Soft Skills Workshop, ‘La méthode expérimentale en Sciences du Langage’, University of Neuchâtel, 23-24 April.
- 2010b: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, profs. A-N. Perret-Clermont, F. Clément, ‘Towards a social psychology of argumentative situations and knowledge practices (First module)’, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 27-29 January.
- 2010c: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, prof. F. Snoeck-Henkemans, “Argumentation and verbal communication”, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, May 31 – June 3.
- 2010d: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, profs. P. Chilton, L. de Saussure, A. Rocci. “Methodological issues: semantic and pragmatic instruments for argument analysis”, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, June 3-7.
- 2009a: Doctoral Program Argupolis, prof. E.C.W. Krabbe, ‘Logic and Formal Dialectic’, University of Lugano, Switzerland, 27-30 April.
- 2009b: Doctoral Program Argupolis, profs. N. Grossen, N. Müller-Mirza, F. van Eemeren, B. Garssen, E. Rigotti, University of Lugano, Switzerland, January 8-22.
- 2008: FASS Research Training Programme, ‘Discourse Analysis’, prof. R. Wodak, University of Lancaster, May.
- 2007a: Doctoral School ‘Types and Properties of Dialogues’, prof. Douglas Walton, University of Lugano, Switzerland, April 23-25.
- 2007b: Modules of the CUSO Doctoral Programme, Switzerland: M1-M2: ‘Approches formelles et cognitives du langage’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, Leysin, March 19-22; M4: ‘Polyphonie et représentation du discours’, resp. Antoine Auchlin, Jean-Michel Adam, University of Geneva, May 3-4.
- 2006a: Modules of the CUSO Doctoral Programme, Switzerland: M4: ‘Analyse du discours médiatique’, resp. Marcel Burger, University of Lausanne, May 5-6; M1-M2: ‘Approches formelles et cognitives du langage’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, Leysin, June 19-22; M7: ‘Bilingual Pragmatics’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, University of Geneva, November 8 & 15.
- 2006b: European Summer School in Language, Logic & Information (ESSLLI) 2006, July 31 – August 11, Málaga, Spain.
- 2005: Doctoral School BeNeFri (Switzerland).