My main affiliation is with the English Department at the University of Fribourg, where I am Senior Lecturer in English Linguistics. In addition, I also teach as a lecturer at the Institute of Language and Communication Science (University of Neuchâtel) and at the Institute of French Language and Literature (University of Bern).
Prior to that, I held postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Fribourg and at the University of Neuchâtel (2013-2016), as well as a fixed-term assistant-professorship in French Linguistics at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam (2010-2012). I spent my earlier academic days as a PhD student at the University of Neuchâtel (2005-2010), where I defended my PhD dissertation in December 2010.
Find out more about my research here.
- 2018-present: Lecturer, Institute of French Language and Literature, University of Bern.
- 2016-present: Senior Lecturer (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche), English Dept., University of Fribourg.
- 2013-present: Lecturer, Institute of Language and Communication Science, University of Neuchâtel.
- 2015-2016: Lecturer, Institute of English Studies, University of Neuchâtel.
- 2013-2016: Postdoctoral Fellow, English Dept., University of Fribourg.
- 2012-2013: Postdoctoral Fellow, Cognitive Science Centre, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- 2010-2012: Assistant Professor, dept. of Language and Communication, VU University, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 2005-2010: Teaching assistant & PhD student, Institute of Language and Communication Science, Université de Neuchâtel.
- 2005-2010: PhD Thesis, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- 2008-2009: Visiting PhD studenship, Linguistics and English Language, Lancaster University, UK. Swiss National Science Foundation Fellowship for prospective researchers (project n°119687).
- 1998-2004: Licence in Linguistics, Spanish language & literature, and Philosophy, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1998: Certificate of Proficiency in English, London, UK.
- 1997: Freshman, Lincoln University College, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1990-1996: Highschool, French Baccalauréat in Science, Lycée Franco-Argentin Jean Mermoz, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Primary school:
- 1987-1990: Primary school, Ecole Française de Bâle, Basel, Switzerland.
- 1985-1987: Primary school, Lycée Franco-Mexicain, Mexico City, Mexico.
- 1983-1985: Primary school, Colegio Helvetia, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2010a: CUSO Soft Skills Workshop, ‘La méthode expérimentale en Sciences du Langage’, University of Neuchâtel, 23-24 April.
- 2010b: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, profs. A-N. Perret-Clermont, F. Clément, ‘Towards a social psychology of argumentative situations and knowledge practices (First module)’, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 27-29 January.
- 2010c: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, prof. F. Snoeck-Henkemans, “Argumentation and verbal communication”, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, May 31 – June 3.
- 2010d: Doctoral Programme Argupolis, profs. P. Chilton, L. de Saussure, A. Rocci. “Methodological issues: semantic and pragmatic instruments for argument analysis”, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, June 3-7.
- 2009a: Doctoral Program Argupolis, prof. E.C.W. Krabbe, ‘Logic and Formal Dialectic’, University of Lugano, Switzerland, 27-30 April.
- 2009b: Doctoral Program Argupolis, profs. N. Grossen, N. Müller-Mirza, F. van Eemeren, B. Garssen, E. Rigotti, University of Lugano, Switzerland, January 8-22.
- 2008: FASS Research Training Programme, ‘Discourse Analysis’, prof. R. Wodak, University of Lancaster, May.
- 2007a: Doctoral School ‘Types and Properties of Dialogues’, prof. Douglas Walton, University of Lugano, Switzerland, April 23-25.
- 2007b: Modules of the CUSO Doctoral Programme, Switzerland: M1-M2: ‘Approches formelles et cognitives du langage’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, Leysin, March 19-22; M4: ‘Polyphonie et représentation du discours’, resp. Antoine Auchlin, Jean-Michel Adam, University of Geneva, May 3-4.
- 2006a: Modules of the CUSO Doctoral Programme, Switzerland: M4: ‘Analyse du discours médiatique’, resp. Marcel Burger, University of Lausanne, May 5-6; M1-M2: ‘Approches formelles et cognitives du langage’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, Leysin, June 19-22; M7: ‘Bilingual Pragmatics’, resp. Jacques Moeschler, University of Geneva, November 8 & 15.
- 2006b: European Summer School in Language, Logic & Information (ESSLLI) 2006, July 31 – August 11, Málaga, Spain.
- 2005: Doctoral School BeNeFri (Switzerland).